Your hands are important.
They are used to type messages to family and friends, hold the book you’re reading, and complete chores. They help you comfort a loved one, bond with a pet, and meet new people. When your hands are injured, your whole life can grind to a halt.
At Maryland Orthopedic Specialists, our experienced Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) can work with you to overcome some of the limitations experienced as a result of your illness or injury. We partner with your doctor, surgeon, or other care provider to develop the best rehabilitative treatment plan to get you back to work, play or to help you resume your normal daily activities.
Our CHT is a licensed occupational therapist (OT) who has completed more than 4,000 hours of advanced study and practice in hand therapy. She has passed a national certification exam, and must renew her designation every five years.
Our talented CHT can provide you with a wide range of services, including:
- An accurate assessment of your injuries, made in tandem with your other care providers
- Pre- and post-operative therapy and exercise plans
- Non-invasive, conservative therapeutic treatment plans
- Immediate, frequent care to help reduce your overall treatment time
- Decreased treatment costs
- Improved functional outcomes, allowing you to return to work or your normal daily activities faster
Contact Maryland Orthopedic Specialists today at (301) 515-0900 to schedule an appointment to discuss your hand & upper extremity treatment plan and get you back on the road to recovery.